OFF-THE-RECORDS STEERING COMMITTEE MEETING 2
Tallinn 11.12.2012 at 14.30
Kultuurikatel office, Pärnu mnt 8 / Väike-Karja 9, 10148 Tallinn
tel: +372 653 2494
- Opening of Steering Committee Meeting
- Introduction of workshop ideas of Tallinn, Stockholm and Helsinki
- Timetable of the year 2013
- Other upcoming Issues
Present: Matti Rantala (chair), Annakaisa Partanen, Kaisa Kettunen, Pekka Punkari, Jari Mäenpää, Ari Matinmikko, Eva Darell, Sanna Laiho, Elena Natale, Katrin Saks, Marge Paas, Pekka Punkari, Anna-Maria Vilkuna, Markku Tähtinen, Robert Arpo, Katrin Kuusik, Leena Louhivuori, Antti-Veikko Salo
Scheduling for 2013
One workshop in each country and a common seminar on results of workshops
Seminar in Helsinki in December?
Workshops dates are:
- Week 12 Tallinn 14.–16.3.2013
- Week 24 Stockholm 11.–14.6.2013
- Week 34 Helsinki 19.–21.8.2013
on each session 3–4 days of workshop working and 1 day workshop evaluation and documentation
WORKSHOP IN TALLINN 14.–16.3.2013
MEETING OF STEERING COMMITTEE IN TALLINN 21.3.2013
- Theme: 2013, year of the cultural heritage in Estonia
- Subject: different generations, forgotten works, meeting of young and older people, generations teach each others
- Three day workshop – comics and shortfilms
- Lifelong learning
- Non-formal learning
- Target group: Youth workers and schoolteachers
- Location: Estonian Academy of the Arts & Baltic Film and Media School
- Results will be presented on a festival (will be defined later)
- Myötätuulessa / Fairwind project has collaborated with Tallinn for 4 years, by developing workshop activities to a model and framework for non-formal learning
- Tallinn sports and youth department, Kultuurikatel, Avastusõpe MTÜ
WORKSHOP IN STOCKHOLM 11.–14.6.2013
- Stockholm Kulturskolan begins a new digital learning environment project. Workshop will be connected to the project.
- There hasn’t been yet workshop activities in collaboration with projects based in Helsinki. Myötätuulessa / Fairwind project was cooperating with Kulturhuset Lava, for example by benchmarking their website planning. Johan Kellokumpu was involved in the planning. Eva Darell (Kulturskolan) has cooperated with Tallinn Youth work centre on a Youth in Space project.
WORKSHOP IN HELSINKI 19.–21.8.2013
- Theme: digital storytelling
- Target group: Staff of Annantalo, museums, Metropolia and Helsinki City Youth Department – to be definied
CONTENTS OF THE WORKSHOPS:
- What’s the purpose of the project?
- Workshops under same umbrella?
- Will the workshops be connected to each others?
- Or should they be separated and independent?
- What would be the entity?
- How to be followed-up and evaluated the working process proceedings in each country?
- Teaching and learning are a two-way process – how to make documentation of workshops and activities?
- Should evaluators be from other countries, for example Finnish evaluating the Swedish workshop etc. Or a common way of documentation – same for everybody?
- Will there be common working between the workshops?
- How to introduce the results of the workshop – and what they will be?
- How to move from a workshop to an other?
- Non-formal learning is in the focus – variation of the workshop model as basis of non-formal learning
- Conceptually a common theme, which will be varied: dialogue between generations a good idea, also a LLP 2014 theme, so it’s good to prepare it
- Same target group as in training the trainers model
- Used methods – benefitting previous experiences